SAU #44 Welcomes Katie LeClerc Greer to Present on Internet Safety and Digital Responsibility
SAU #44 welcomes Katie LeClerc Greer to present Internet Safety and Digital Responsibility for Students in Grades 6-8 and 9-12: Understanding Your Digital Footprint
January 21, 2016
Strafford School (Gr. 6-8): 10:50-11:40
Nottingham School (Gr. 6-8): 9:20-10:10
Northwood School (Gr. 6-8): 1:35-2:20
The majority of kids in grades 6 and beyond have social networking accounts and are actively networking with others using various forms of technology (i.e. apps, messaging, etc.). At this stage, it’s imperative for them to know that there are consequences for their actions, as once they send, save or share, their information is out there – and stays out there – forever. The following is an example of what is covered during this session:
- What is personal information? What are privacy settings?
- Social Networking including current trends
- Interactive gaming rules and thoughts
- Texting/smartphone usage including app trends, appropriateness and tracking
- Technology tattoos and creating a favorable, positive online brand
PARENTS/GUARDIANS: We have included something special for you that you will not want to miss! Join us at Nottingham School for a compelling, informational evening Parent Program (*must be 18 years or older to attend)
January 21, 2016, 6:30pm-8:00pm
- FREE RAFFLE PRIZE TICKET just for attending will be given to every parent at the evening event for a chance to win gift cards and technology related prizes!
- FREE CHILDCARE will be provided that will include movies and crafts!
- 6:00-6:30pm there will be coffee and snacks prior to the Parent Presentation!
Our kids are doing WHAT? What can I do to protect them? What apps should I be worried about? Is social networking safe? Is my child being cyberbullied? What’s texting? Sexting? What’s next? It’s often overwhelming being a parent today in our technology-driven society. Keeping up with the latest trends and dangers can often seem like an impossible task. Katie will help you navigate the digital waters and let you know what’s new, what’s now, and what’s next when it comes to your children and technology, and provides parents with proactive initiatives to keep kids safe.
Katie LeClerc Greer has been featured on Fox25 News Boston, the O’Reilly Factor and The Meredith Vieira Show. For more information on Katie LeClerc Greer and her presentation, visit http://www.klgreer.com.